Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Very Snowy Day (Toronto)

I forgot to mention that the Distillery District is running something called the Festival of Lights.  It goes for another month or so.  After As You Like It, we wandered through it.  We probably needed to stay another half an hour before the lights started coming on.  I just didn't feel we had that much time to kill, especially as I still wasn't feeling that great.  The big cat sculptures were cool anyway, though.



This thing looked straight out of The War of the Worlds.  I assume the eye glowed and maybe there was sound as well.


Had we stuck around, this is what one of the rooftop installations would have looked like.  Pretty cool.


Almost all the snow from Friday afternoon/evening melted over the course of Sat.

That didn't prepare me for the shock of today.  I woke up and it was snowing fairly heavily.  It basically snowed straight until 3 (and there is still a bit of a dusting coming down).  

I asked my son if he wanted to go sledding, but he really didn't want to go out.  I didn't either, though I ultimately shoveled and bought the groceries.  Since I had to make an extra stop at the mall, I ended up having to shovel again on the way back.  Then my son shoveled about half an hour ago.  No idea how long it will stick around, but we may luck out and it will all be gone by Wed.

Here are a few shots of the neighbourhood.



From the foot of the bridge, you normally can see the CN Tower.  Not today!



I'm going to try to get comfortable and not go anywhere the rest of the day.  I could use the rest anyway!


No comments:

Post a Comment